1. Use your company's logo on your business card. This should be the most notable element of the design.
2. Simplicity. Don't overload your card with too many graphics and too much wording. Give basic, essential information only, such as your name, title, company name (if it isn't incorporated into the logo), business address, tel/mobile numbers, and web and email addresses.
3. Use a clear, easy to read font, no smaller than size 10.
4. Use no more than three different colours, ideally no more than two.
5. Print onto card that has a decent weight to it. Flimsy business cards look unprofessional. Avoid.
6. Proofread your card before going to print.
I am a Copywriter, Proofreader, Virtual Secretary and Author.